Experiments

I have only the vaguest idea of what my final project is going to look like right now, but I'm fairly certain it's going to be a video. I first started making video projects in Intro New Media (which are on this blog if you care to view them), and I had so much fun I kept making them for other classes. Video is not a medium I'm very familiar with, obviously, but through this class I'd like to explore the capabilities of the medium more, and Adobe Premiere specifically.
Previous videos have included collaborations with friends,  a focus on audio, and a focus on (re)interpretation of memory. I think the lens of simulacra and altered/reinterpreted reality could very easily be applied to these projects, and I want to take what I learned from them and push it further.



I don't really know what I want this project to look like yet, but I'm imagining a lot of experimentation in the various stages of the editing process. I anticipate that being the most time-consuming part, partially due to inexperience and partially because I want to allow as much time as possible to explore the software and all it has to offer. I'm excited to get to know this idea better, and I'm excited to begin working on it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've barely started to emerge from myself

Presentation: John Cage

Nature Negatives