I spend so many hours practicing and John Cage has the nerve to say everything I do is music?

Beats to work and stress to is a representation of some of the frustrated sounds that occur when I'm making art. I will often exclaim, apologize, swear, or otherwise vocalize in the practice room when I get frustrated with a passage I'm laboriously repeating. I will also scribble angrily when a drawing is not going the way I want it to. Thus, this sound project is made from scribbly sounds and scratchy viola sounds. It's groovy like the music I like to listen to when I study, but it's also vaguely anxiety-inducing, because for me it serves as a reminder of the times I get stuck and the times I will get stuck again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've barely started to emerge from myself

Presentation: John Cage

Nature Negatives